A wonderful ride in the southern side of the Chianti area in the outskirts of Siena. An unforgettable itinerary where you'll bike mostly on quiet country roads, through vineyards and olive groves. Some gradual and greatly rewarding climbs will offer you the most stunning panoramas of the Chianti region.
This excursion includes a visit to the formal gardens of the medieval Castel of Brolio, one of the most interesting places in the Chianti area for its historical and architectural importance. It belongs to the Ricasoli family since 1141. There are also different route options available on this ride, varying in difficulty level.
Highlights: Gaiole, Brolio, Castagnoli, San Sano, Radda (optional)
PRICE: 140 euros per person
- Duration: Full day
- Distance traveled: 20 miles
- Area: Chianti
- Nearest city: Siena
- Tour type: Touring
- Skill level: Intermediate
- Season: Year round
- Number of participants: 2-7
- Minimum age: 14
- Fully guided: yes
- Support vehicles: yes
- Transportation to start site: yes
From Florence or surroundings you’ll be transferred by van to the village of Gaiole in Chianti. Take a stroll in the historic center while we get your bikes ready to begin your adventure. An easy shady country road will take us to the Castel of Brolio for a visit to the formal gardens and then to its winery for a taste of their Chianti Classico wines. After lunch in a typical trattoria (not included) we continue our ride towards the hamlet of Castagnoli from where a gentle, fun and amazingly scenic downhill will take us back to Gaiole.
- Fully guided private or semi-private tour
- Pick up/drop off at your hotel (or nearby) in Florence
- Transfers to/from the tour starting point in the Chianti
- High quality 27 speed hybrid bikes
- Helmets and water bottles
- English speaking tour leader
- Wine tasting and tour at the gardens of the Castle of Brolio
Price reduction for parties of 4 or more.
If you stay outside Florence we will be happy to pick you up/drop you off directly at your location. Please send us an email for further details and personalized arrangements.