THE BIG THREE FAMILY RIDE
IBT is excited to announce a delicious new tour to our lineup! Enjoy the "Big Three" of Tuscany in one glorious (and easy!) downhill ride.
The "Big Three" of course being Tuscany's renowned Chianti Classico wine, its exquisite and buttery olive oil (the real thing and rated best in the world) and, last but not least, its artisan gelato in every flavor you can imagine, each one creamier and most luscious than the last.
And in between all these gastronomic pleasures there is (it goes without saying) biking! A relaxing an easy pedal through charming villages, vineyards and olive groves with expansive views as far as the eye can see of one of the most uniquely beautiful countrysides on earth. At the end San Gimignano (UNESCO World Heritage Site famous for its medieval towers) awaits.
What more can you ask for?
Highlights: Quiet country roads, vineyards, olive groves and visits to two beautiful medieval villages.
€ 150 per person
- Distance traveled: 13 miles
- Area: Chianti Classico wine region of Tuscany
- Nearest city: Siena
- Places visited: Castellina in Chianti, San Gimignano
- Tour type: Road touring
- Skill level: Easy
- Season: April - October
- Number of participants: 2-8
- Minimum age: 12
- Fully guided: yes
- Support vehicles: yes
- Transportation to start site: yes
You’ll be picked up at your hotel (or nearby) in Florence by your guide and driven to the tour starting point in the quaint hilltop village of Castellina in Chianti. After visiting the town you'll enjoy an all-you-can eat tasting of artisan gelato at our exclusive family owned gelateria.
Then we hop on our bikes for a leisurely coast down one of the longest and loveliest downhills ever. Along the way we stop at a top Chianti Classico winery for a wine and farm-made olive oil tasting. Post ride, the van takes you into nearby San Gimignano where you'll have time on your own to explore, have lunch and soak in the views. At day’s end, we transfer by van back to your hotel or other central location in Florence.
- Fully guided private or semi-private tour
- Pick up/drop off at your hotel (or nearby) in Florence
- Van transfers to/from the tour starting point in the Chianti region
- High quality 27-speed hybrid bikes
- Helmets and water bottles
- English speaking tour leader
- Chianti Classico wine, olive oil and gelato tasting
If you stay outside Florence we will be happy to pick you up/drop you off directly at your location. Please send us an email for further details and personalized arrangements.