This is the ride for the tough ones who "have legs" and feel it's about time to show it!
A challenging climb on wonderful and quiet back roads in the countryside from Florence to an ancient monastery standing on a hilltop at 3280 feet.
The visit to the monastery will take you back to the middle ages. Of course the 360° view over the valley is breathtaking!
Price: 140 euros per person
- Duration: Full day
- Distance traveled: 25 miles
- Area: Fiesole
- Nearest city: Florence
- Tour type: Road touring
- Skill level: Advanced
- Season: Year round
- Number of participants: 2-7
- Minimum age: 16
- Fully guided: yes
- Support vehicles: yes
- Transportation to start site: yes
From your hotel you'll be shuttled to I Bike Tuscany’s bike shop for bike fitting. The ride will begin right there. In a short time you'll be out of town, biking along a road with a breathtaking view over Florence. You’ll reach Fiesole, the most beautiful village on the hills surrounding Florence and famous for its Etruscan ruins. From there uphill you continue on a quiet country road to the Monastery of Montesenario. Take your time for a visit before a long winding downhill will take you back to Florence.
- Fully guided private or semi-private tour
- Pick up/drop off at your hotel in Florence and van transfers to/from the tour starting point
- 20 Speed high quality road bikes
- Helmets and water bottles